Friday, December 24, 2010

hi there. it's christmas eve.

last weekend my aunt ne-ne, uncle stephen, and grandma came to celebrate christmas and eva's birthday. we had a great time as always and i am still so very thankful that the Lord brought us to madison and so close to my aunt, uncle, and grandma.

as usual we ate. a lot. because it's what we do. (check out my awesome new clock my mom bought me. love it!)

i made cinnamon rolls and told eva they were her birthday cinnamon rolls. that way we could put a candle on something and sing to her. i'm pretty sure i ate the most cinnamon rolls. am i proud of this? not necessarily. i'm just sharing that i am a cinnamon roll hog.

eva opened some fun birthday presents from aunt ne-ne and uncle stephen: window markers (MESSY), stamps with paint (MESSY), a fun book with little word magnets (CHOKING HAZARD), glitter glue (MESSY and STICKY), and big stack of colored paper (SAFE!). thank you both again for such  thoughtful gifts. these will be perfect to bring to your house on our next visit to minneapolis!

we spent the rest of our time on the computer taking disturbing pictures of ourselves on photo booth. my aunt and i laughed so much we were in tears. these are just two samples. enjoy!

shaun doesn't understand why this is so fun or so funny.

that's it for now. looking forward to tomorrow: food, new toys, movies, christmas jammies, and more food!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:02 PM

    Isn't life fun and great to laugh!

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:25 PM

    And we had a wonderful time! The pictures still make me laugh! As for the thoughtful (messy) gifts we think you should leave them at home so Eva can enjoy them every day, not just when she visits us! Think of your child. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, that last pic of your eyes is downright CREEEEPY!!!!! I think if I kept looking at it, I might have nightmares tonight! :)
    by the way, do you make your cinnamon rolls with rice/almond milk and no butter?! I'm trying to imagine cinammon rolls without dairy?! :) I'm not at all doubting your cooking abilities, though....only doubting whether one can survive life dairy-free! :)

    ReplyDelete

counter