Thursday, January 27, 2011

eva conversations

this girl keeps us laughing. i wish i could write down everything she says. here are three recent one's:

1. she has had some issues with bad breath lately. the other morning i noticed that her breath didn't stink.

me: hey, your breath isn't stinky!
eva: that's because i brushed my teeth really good!
me: that's great. when did you brush them?
eva: last night.

2. we are all getting our coats on to go somewhere the other day and eva decides that she needs to go to the bathroom before we leave. this is a good thing, of course. and then we realize it's going to be a while. there is no girlie way to say it: the girl is a slow pooper. anyway, her being a slow pooper doesn't really have anything to do with what she said, i am just mainly setting up the scene of us standing by the door with our coats on for 20 minutes while eva sings on the toilet. but here is the conversation.

shaun: eva, are you almost done in there?
eva: i miss my sandbox.


3. sunday morning i get eva dressed for church in some zebra print dress with matching bow. she is apparently feeling like she's got it going on.

eva: everybody at church is going to like me.
(she is obviously liking how she looks)
me: eva, people like you because you are eva, not because of what you are wearing.
eva: well, i do look pretty good.
me: ? (shaun can handle this one later)
eva: i am the best friend to all my friends. i am nice to everyone.
me: ? (one more cup of coffee before church.)


3 comments:

  1. love it! Especially the sandbox comment. Thanks for setting it up with you all waiting at the door! That made it 10x funnier!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss hearing Eva comments in person! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't decide which is my fav. The breath one is just funny considering all our discussions, the potty one is so very visible in my brain and the "looking good today" one is right up my alley. You go Eva......we do love you for what's inside but looking cute doesn't hurt anything either. :) (Shaun can thank me later for nurturing your child's inner rock star and desire for cuteness)

    ReplyDelete

counter