Tuesday, November 16, 2010

i am not ready for this.

this is a conversation that eva and i had in the car the other day after seeing an "H" sign for hospital:

eva: why is the hospital up there?
me: because...that's where they built it.
eva: that's where the sick people go.
me: yes.
eva: is the hospital for when people get babies?
me: yes.
eva: how did i get out of your tummy? (noooooo!!!! don't ask me this!!!!)
me: the doctor helped you out. (don't ask how, don't ask how...)
eva: how? (i am not ready for this.)
me: with her hands. (please no more questions, please!)
eva: but did your tummy break open? (make it stop!)
me: well...kind of. (or not. but details aren't important. right? right.)
eva: did it hurt?
me: a little. (kid, if you knew the details you wouldn't even have to ask this question)
eva: when i get big to have a baby my baby will break out of my tummy and it might hurt me, but only a little.
me: so who wants to go have lunch at the mall?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:21 AM

    don't you wish you'd have gone for the C-section? then your tummy really would have broken open...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:21 AM

    go figure who posted the last one...

    ReplyDelete

counter